My first Adobe Illustrator piece was an infographic about Queens of The Stone Age and their newest album …Like Clockwork. Now that I am going to be doing the Nazareth show, I want to do something inspired by that albums artwork.
The artist Boneface did the artwork for the covers and some of the music videos. I liked the vibe and I wanted to do something like it.
I’ve been working on a tora-con cosplay recently and I was looking at different cosplays, so when I went to do the Boneface inspired art on my tablet I ended up doing a Japanese kawaii meets Boneface art.
That sorta really creepy and weird meets cute and pretty mash-up seemed like a cool opt out idea.
I work pretty fast in adobe illustrator so if I plan out enough time to work on it I’ll probably finish in a week or two.
so like I started this drawing but most of the colours are fillers. I want the skin to the that grey purple dead tone, but I’m probably gonna change a lot. Keep in mind I drew this thing with my finger, I want to render more detail in the illustrator version.
The basic idea is a kawaii Japanese girl gone bad lol.
I want to incorporate Japanese popular into the piece
- dyed cosplay wig hair
- surgical mask
- teddy bear hood
- puffy eyelids and large eyes
The gone wrong part includes
- piercings hooking the mask to the face
- stitches trying to hold the eyes closed
- patchy pale purple skin
- beat up teddy bear suit (the eyes will be buttons that have the same stitching as the eyes)
- giant teeth on mask, long monster tongue
- teeth along hoodie
- patches ( I’m gonna come up with separate designs for it though, then bring it into adobe illustrator.)